Thursday 2nd April 2020, The Peacock, High Street West, Sunderland
Writehouse is a new writing event showcasing playwrights from Sunderland and beyond, and providing an opportunity for theatre makers to meet in an informal, social environment. It is open to all and not dependent on previous experience.
A selection of extracts from several submitted scripts will be directed and performed by
professional theatre makers at each event.
Writers are invited to submit scripts using the following guidelines:
• Be no longer than 10 – 15 minutes in length (Extracts or stand-alone pieces).
• Have no more than 4 characters.
• Have minimal staging/props.
Submission and Selection Process
• Deadline: 5pm, 3rd March, 2020
• Please submit your script by email to [email protected]
• In the covering email please include: your name, address, telephone number,
title of your work.
• To ensure our commitment to equality and diversity, please ensure your script
does not contain any personal identification details.
Writehouse is funded by Sunderland Culture’s Great Place Unlock programme and developed in association with Theatre Space North East and NE Script Space.