Check out our latest opportunities for Jobs, Artist Commissions and Volunteering below;
Volunteering with Sunderland Culture
We recognise the wealth of life experience, skills, ideas and knowledge that exists in our local communities, and the valuable contribution that volunteers can make to Sunderland Culture. Sunderland Culture is committed to providing meaningful, enjoyable and safe volunteer assignments of real value within clear and appropriate programmes of activities.
Applications to volunteer with Sunderland Culture are currently closed while we work through our waiting list. We regularly recruit new volunteers across our venues, so please check back regularly for updates.
Speak Up Artists Recruitment
Over the next three years, we will be looking to connect with artists from a range of art forms to work alongside teachers and students in our Speak Up schools. We want to meet artists of all art forms from beatboxers, dancers, poets, illustrators, theatre makers, composers, singers, circus artists, designers and the list goes on! We are looking to expand our pool of artists working on this project.
Speak Up is a secondary school programme with a difference. Young people, teachers and artists are equal partners, and work collaboratively with local arts organisations and the National Theatre to create artworks and creative work that respond to issues that are important to them.
Developed for young people whose voices are not always heard, bespoke activity is co-created with each school and its students.
We are looking for artists who:
- Are North East based artists
- Have Experience working with young people
- Hold a current DBS and PLI
- Are flexible and responsive while responding to a creative brief with deadlines
- Thoughtful, reflective, and responsive to information/experiences shared by young people
- Have knowledge, understanding and experience of co creation processes and methodology or do you think you have the skills to develop co-creation as part of your process?
- Have availability during school hours
- Are passionate about working with young people
Speak Up in Sunderland is delivered by Sunderland Culture and Sunderland Empire’s Creative Learning Team. Find out more about Speak Up on the National Theatre website here.