900 miles Saturday Sessions
Saturday 17 February, 11am-3pm
National Glass Centre
Drop in activities and workshop sessions between 11am-3pm (Accessible for all ages and varying abilities)
FREE / Workshops places can be booked above
Join us for a day of activities inspired by Jade Sweeting’s exhibition 900 miles (From Home) currently on display in NGCA Collection Space.
All activities listed below are free, however the printmaking workshops require booking a free place.
- 11am-3pm – Flick through and explore the magazines, artist zines and North East motorcycle photos from Norman Hartley’s archive and view the exhibition 900 miles (From Home).
- 11am-3pm – The artist’s handmade prints and zines will be available to buy exclusively during the day. Price ranges to suit all.
- 11am-2pm – Come and have your polaroid picture taken on Sweeting’s Harley-Davidson Ironhead motorcycle and takeaway the photo.
- 11am-12noon – Join a 1-hour printmaking workshop led by Jade Sweeting and produce your own unique prints using motorcycle jackets, leathers, motorbike parts to take home. Spaces limited. For ages +7. Book your slot using the booking links above.
- 2-3pm – Jade Sweeting will be in conversation with musician and collaborator Stuart Walkinshaw and NGCA curator Jon Weston, chaired by artist Cody Sowerby. Book your free tickets for the Jade Sweeting In Conversation event.
Image credit: Jade Sweeting, Hell Cats, 2023, two colour screenprint, 24 x 35cm. Courtesy of the artist.