CONNECT: Facing Your Imposter Syndrome
Tuesday 18 January 2022, 12.30-2.30pm
Imposter syndrome is that feeling that you aren’t good enough, you’re just making it up as you go along and that you will be found out any day now! It’s a feeling that can creep in when your emotional resilience is lower, stress, environments of change and it can sneak up on your when you least expect it. It can be especially prevalent in the creative sector where we often work on our own and advocate for ourselves, without formal structures around us.
During this session we will explore the power of vulnerability and imposter syndrome as an emotional response to an environment and triggers. We will share what imposter syndrome is, how it is pervasive and fuelled by modern society, strategies to increase self-belief and personal resilience alongside how to support others crippled with imposter syndrome.
This webinar is ideal for:
• People facing or struggling with change and uncertainty
• People who want to increase their confidence, personal resilience and professional assertiveness
• People feeling disempowered and unseen professionally
• People feeling lost, overwhelmed and demotivated
• People starting a new project and/or entering a new team
• Freelancers and self-employed without people and peers around them to support.
This webinar covers:
• What imposter syndrome is and how it impacts people in professional contexts
• How imposter syndrome affects those around you
• Managing self-doubt whilst approaching situations with courage
• Recognising triggers
• The role of personal resilience
• Strategies to overcome it.
Register your interest for the workshop, by clicking here.
We will confirm your place and details of the sessions via. email. Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
If you have any questions about the event or would like to discuss access needs, please email [email protected].
Due to our funding conditions, this workshop is only available to individual creative practitioners who live, work or study in Sunderland or creative/ heritage organisations and creative businesses who are based in Sunderland.
This workshop is offered as part of the Unlock the City programme which supports the development of artists and creative businesses in Sunderland. Unlock the City is delivered in partnership by Sunderland Culture, Sunderland City Council, Digital Catapult, North East BIC and Sunderland BME Network, with funding from Arts Council England and the National Lottery Heritage Fund through the Great Place Programme, and Coastal Communities Fund.