Half Day Glass Blowing – One to One Experience
Thursday 21 and Thursday 28 September
1.30pm to 4pm – Including attending glass blowing demonstration at 1.30-2pm. Please arrive at 1.20pm where you will be shown to the Hot Glass Studio.
£180 per person
Join us for a special one to one experience with our Hot Glass Studio team, try your hand at the traditional craft of glass blowing and get the opportunity to work with molten glass at over 1100 degrees centigrade!
During this workshop you will aim to create a small bowl or vase, a paperweight and a bauble. Using a variety of coloured glass you can personalise all of your items and watch them come to life.
£180.00 per person. Booking in advance is essential.
Before booking please take the time to read the additional information, terms & conditions and delivery details below:
- Collection – Your items will be ready to collect, from the studio, 1 week after your workshop.
- Delivery options – If you wish to have your items delivered to your home, please arrange and pay for this on the day you take part at our Visitor Services Desk. Postage and packing £20
- Age Restrictions – This workshop requires no previous experience and is suitable for ages 18+.
- Suitability – These workshops are suitable for most people, however, if you have any questions or concerns regarding mobility or safety then please contact the Visitor Services Desk on 0191 568 9700 & discuss whilst booking.
- Duration – This workshop lasts 2 and half hours inc demo!
- Breakages – On rare occasions, your items may crack during the cooling process, if this happens we will make a replica/replacement for you – in addition to your items which we will also give you if it is not deemed to be unsafe.
- Dress Code – Please make sure you are suitably dressed and wearing sturdy flat, closed-toe shoes.
- Please bring a water bottle which you can refill on site to stay hydrated