Heritage Open Days: Vintage Bus Tour
Saturday 10 September, 10am – 5pm
Join us for a FREE tour around the industrial and transport Museums of Sunderland and Washington. Leaving from Sunderland Museum & Winter Gardens the bus will visit Ryhope Engines Museum, Washington ‘F’ Pit Museum, Bowes Railway Museum and NELSAM (North East Land Sea and Air Museum) before returning to Sunderland Museum & Winter Gardens.
Places are limited and must be pre-booked using the link below. Children are welcome but must be accompanied by an adult. The tour is not suitable for under 5s.
Important information for participants:
- The vintage bus is not accessible to wheelchair users or persons with restricted mobility.
- All venues have toilet facilities.
- Guided introductions are available at Ryhope Engines Museum and Washington F Pit Museum.
- Guided tours are available at Bowes Railway Museum.
- NELSAM is a self-guided venue.
- We recommend wearing sensible footwear and dressing for the weather conditions.
- You are welcome to bring a packed lunch or hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, cakes and sweet treats are available at Ryhope Engines Museum and Bowes Railway Museum.
This activity supports Heritage Open Days 2022.