Make a Glass Pumpkin
Saturday 21, Sunday 22, Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 October / 1 hour workshops running at 10.00, 11.00, 12.00, 14.00 and 15.00 / Age 16+ (anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult for the duration of the session) / £48 / Booking essential
On sale 10am on Monday 4 September
Create a colourful glass pumpkin for Halloween!
These experiences offer you the opportunity to personalise your pumpkin by applying coloured glass at over 1100 degrees centigrade. Working closely with our Hot Glass Studio Team you will make your own pumpkin, choosing the colour you desire and then watch it come to life! They will finish your artwork by using a mould to create the pumpkin shape and add a colourful stem in the effect of your choice.
Glass Pumpkins will be ready for collection 1 week after workshop. If you can not collect your pumpkin in person we offer postage & packing for £10 per pumpkin, maximum postage £20. Please note there will be no glass blowing demonstrations on these dates.
Max 3 people per session.
Participants will be permitted to bring one additional person into the seating area during their experience.
Before booking, please take the time to read the additional information and delivery details below:
- Collection – Your pumpkin will be ready to collect, from the shop counter, 1 week after your workshop.
- Delivery options – If you wish to have your pumpkin delivered to your home, please arrange and pay for this on the day you take part at our Visitor Services Desk. Postage and packing is £10 per pumpkin.
- Age Restrictions – This workshop requires no previous experience and is suitable for ages 16+. Please note that anyone under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Suitability – These workshops are suitable for most people, however, if you have any questions or concerns regarding mobility or safety then please contact the Visitor Services Desk on 0191 568 9700 & discuss whilst booking.
- Duration – This workshop lasts 1 hour and includes 3 participants per hour.
- Breakages – On rare occasions, your pumpkin may crack during the cooling process, if this happens we will make a replica/replacement pumpkin for you – in addition to your pumpkin which we will also give you if it is not deemed to be unsafe.
- Dress Code – Please make sure you are suitably dressed and wearing flat closed-toe shoes.
- Water – It is advisable to bring a small bottle of water with you to stay hydrated
All our events are subject to regular risk assessments and while we currently expect to deliver these sessions it may be necessary to cancel for safety reasons if we deem it to be in participants’ best interests.
When booking multiple tickets please include ALL of the participant names. We need this information to make sure your pumpkins find their way back to their rightful owner when they come out of the lehr.
Due to storm damage to the riverside front of National Glass Centre visitor centre, the main entrances are currently closed. Participants to this event are asked to make their way down the path to the right of the building (west side, heading to the riverside) to the Faculty of Arts and Creative Industries entrance, where a member of staff will escort you to take part in your experience.
Unfortunately, the café and shop will remain closed during this period, so participants are welcome to bring their own refreshments, or use the café on St Peter’s campus on weekdays (please ask a member of staff if you need directions).
Parking charges have been suspended in the main car park during this period.
Please be assured that your safety is our priority, and all attendees will still receive the same quality glass experience within a safe environment.
If you have questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact the National Glass Centre Visitor Services team on 0191 515 5555 option 4 or [email protected].
We look forward to welcoming you to your experience soon.