Make your own Christmas Bauble
- 08-12-202310:00Sold OutSOLD OUT
- 08-12-202311:00Sold OutSOLD OUT
- 08-12-202314:00Sold OutSOLD OUT
Delivered every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday from 4 November until 20 December/ 1 hour workshops running at 10.00, 11.00, 12.00, 14.00 and 15.00 / Age 12+ (anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult for the duration of the session) / £37 / Booking essential.
This unique experience offers the opportunity to work with molten glass at over 1100 degrees centigrade! During this workshop, you will create a beautiful glass bauble to hang on your Christmas tree or to give as the perfect handmade gift. Using a variety of coloured glass you can personalise your design before you watch your bauble come to life!
Participants will be permitted to bring two additional person into the seating area during their experience.
Before booking please take the time to read the additional information and delivery details below:
- Collection – Your bauble will be ready to collect, from the shop counter, 1 week after your workshop.
- Delivery options – If you wish to have your bauble delivered to your home, please arrange and pay for this on the day you take part at our Visitor Services Desk. Postage and packing – 1 Bauble = £7 each / 2 Baubles = £14 / 3 -10 baubles = £20.
- Age Restrictions – This workshop requires no previous experience and is suitable for ages 12+. Please note that anyone under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Suitability – These workshops are suitable for most people, however, if you have any questions or concerns regarding mobility or safety then please contact the Visitor Services Desk on 0191 568 9700 & discuss whilst booking.
- Duration – This workshop lasts 1 hour and includes 7 participants per hour.
- Breakages – On rare occasions, your bauble may crack during the cooling process, if this happens we will make a replica/replacement bauble for you – in addition to your bauble which we will also give you if it is not deemed to be unsafe.
- Dress Code – Please make sure you are suitably dressed and wearing flat, closed-toe shoes.
- Water – It is advisable to bring a small bottle of water with you to stay hydrated
All our events are subject to regular risk assessments and while we currently expect to deliver these sessions it may be necessary to cancel for safety reasons if we deem it to be in participants’ best interests. Please refer to our full Make Your Own Baubles terms and conditions
When booking multiple tickets please include ALL of the participant names. We need this information to make sure your baubles find their way back to their rightful owner when they come out of the lehr.
Update to visitors
As you may be aware, National Glass Centre visitor centre has recently been closed due to storm damage to the riverside front of the building.
However, we’re delighted to say that we are now open!
Things will be a little bit different for a while as we continue to address the storm damage to the riverside front of the building. But our team has worked hard to make changes so that we can offer visitors a packed programme of exhibitions, events, activities and shopping.
Please read our reopening information before your visit.