Pitching and Presenting Skills Workshop with Mortal Fools
Thursday 7 April 2022, 9.30pm-5pm
Theatre Space North East, 14a Borough Rd, Sunniside, Sunderland SR1 1EP
During this session, you will work with a theatre director and a performer to develop your performative presentation skills, applying similar techniques to those used in a theatre rehearsal process, considering structure and how to present your content to an audience in a compelling way. This session focuses holding the space, crafting your message and compelling delivery whilst identifying, then understanding and meeting your audience needs.
This workshop is designed for those that want to develop their skills further to help with increasing personal impact during formal presentations, pitches, speaking engagements or client and colleague meetings.
This workshop covers:
- Effective and impactful use of body language, voice and breathing – how to own and hold the space confidently for your audience
- The power of storytelling when woven into presentations
- Rehearsal techniques
- Practical tips to manage fear and quieting the negative voice in your head
- Successfully owning and using space and visual aids
- Practising presenting on stage in front an audience
- Personalised feedback and coaching from Team Mortal Fools.
This workshop is ideal for:
- People presenting, pitching or public speaking
- People running, hosting or facilitating meetings
- People in leadership positions
- People lacking confidence and impact when delivering communication messages.
Register your interest for the workshop, by clicking here.
We will confirm your place via. email. Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
If you have any questions about the event or would like to discuss access needs, please email [email protected].
Due to our funding conditions, this workshop is only available to individual creative practitioners who live, work or study in Sunderland.
This opportunity is offered as part of Unlock which supports the development of artists and creative businesses in Sunderland, delivered by Sunderland Culture. The Unlock programme is part-funded by the European Structural and Investment Funds through the Sunderland Community Led Local Development Programme and the Coastal Communities Fund.
The Sunderland Community Led Local Development Programme (CLLD) is a five year programme aimed at stimulating the local economy to deliver jobs and economic growth by supporting activity that addresses local needs and opportunities. Funded with the help of £3.05m of European Structural and Investment Funds and a further £2.75m match funding, the programme will deliver wide-ranging social and economic benefits.