Our dinosaurs are missing all the visitors to the Museum and can’t wait to see you all again. If you’re missing them why not try this dinosaur challenge to test your knowledge and get creative?
Download the full quiz here: Creative Challenge Dinosaur Mania
What you need: paper, a pencil or pen, colouring pencils. If you get stuck you can use the internet to search for the answers.
Instructions: (if you can’t download the quiz worksheet above)
1. It’s Easter and everyone is thinking about eggs! Can you draw a baby dinosaur hatching out of an egg?
2. How many teeth did a T-Rex have? 60
3. In our Winter Gardens we have a descendant of the dinosaurs which can still be found today. What type of animal is it? Crocodile, Rabbit, or Owl
4. Scientists are starting to find evidence that dinosaurs might have been many different colours. If you designed a dinosaur what colours would you choose?
5. Dinosaurs can have unusual names but which of these are real? Gasosaurus, Arthurdactylus, Supersaurus, Pantydraco
We made Melsaurasaurus up!
6. The Therizinasaurus had the longest claw of any dinosaur. How long could they be? 50cm, 100cm, 35cm, 150cm, or 200cm
7. Which famous fossil hunter found her first dinosaur fossil when she was 12? Clue – she lived in Dorset. Mary Anning
8. Which famous dinosaur came to visit Newcastle last year? Dippy the Diplodocus from the Natural History Museum in London
9. How many horns does a triceratops have? 3
10. Palaentologists find lots of fossils in the U.S.A. Some states even have a state fossil or a state dinosaur. Which has the Utahraptor as its state dinosaur? Utah
11. Can you find all the hidden words in the dinosaur wordsearch?
12. How many other words can you find in the word dinosaur?
Here are some we found:
Sun, Run, Air, Raid, Raids, Nor, Soar, Around, Aid, Our, Said, Round, Dias, Sound
How many did you find?