- Are you passionate about pursuing a career in the arts?
- Do you believe in the power of arts and culture to transform lives?
- Are you curious and committed to learn more?
At Sunderland Culture, we are passionate about providing opportunities for young people with ambitions to pursue a career in the arts and cultural sector. Our new Creative Work Experience programme provides an innovative insight into the world of the arts and gives young people the opportunity to engage with professionals working directly in creative industries.
Over four days, you will experience what it’s like to be in a creative and cultural workplace and learn about working in the creative sector as a freelance or employed professional. You will learn more about employability skills applicable to creative workplaces. You will work across all of our venues across the city throughout the four day programme.
Who we’re looking for:
- We’re looking for four enthusiastic participants. Our selected young people will be- above all passionate, positive and looking to potentially develop a career in the creative industries.
- You must be aged 15-18 to apply and you must live in Sunderland or attend a Sunderland school to join our 2023 Work Experience Programme.
- Young people that can commit to being available for the full four-day programme. We run 3 work experience programmes across the year. We are currently looking for participants for the below dates:
Option 1: Tuesday 11 – Friday 14 April 2023 (applications close Friday 10 March for April programme)
Option 2: Tuesday 18 – Friday 21 July 2023
Option 3: October/November (dates TBC)
How to apply
Please complete the online application form.
If you are experiencing issues or require support in completing your form, please contact [email protected]
Please note, we are unable to offer work experience outside of these dates due to the volume of requests across our venues.