Your safety is our priority
These are some of the additional measures we have put in place for your safety and the safety of our staff:
- To help protect others and keep the North East open there are some things we can all keep doing such as continuing to wear a face covering when visiting the museum.
- We are continuing to restrict the number of visitors to the museum so social distancing can be maintained during your visit. It is important that schools and groups contact the Museum to discuss access requirements. A booked ticket will be required for some organised activities.
- Floor signage is in place, advising visitors to keep the recommended distance apart.
- One way systems and a ‘keep left’ approach will be in operation throughout the building.
- Entry and exit will be through the normal main entrance on Burdon Road. Clear signage will be displayed advising of the exit points and staff will be on hand to direct visitors throughout the museum
- Signage and practical measures have been put in place to encourage visitors to social distance when using our toilet facilities. Please be aware this could mean you may need to wait longer than usual.
- Hand sanitising stations will be available on entry/exit and throughout the building.
- The frequency of our cleaning throughout the building has been increased, including toilets and other facilities.
- Some of our interactive displays will be closed off for the time being.
Track and Trace:
- Visitors will be asked to provide their name and contact number on entering the building to support Test and Trace as part of the government’s ongoing Covid-19 response..
- The main entrance and exit are both accessible.
- All routes in the Museum and Library remain accessible.
- Our passenger lift is available for those with mobility issues.
If you’re feeling unwell:
- If you or anyone you live with display symptoms associated with COVID-19, please delay your visit until it is safe to do so. If you think you have symptoms visit: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
- Our Visitor Services staff will be on hand to help with any questions. Should you require any additional information, please contact us at [email protected]